contact

welmoedlaetitia@hotmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/lae178

Sunday 23 February 2014

Joking around



I made this post to make something about myself clear to everyone;
I have a somewhat odd sense of humor.

This means that I will often say things that I do not mean, it's not necessarily cynical remarks, more just ..untrue remarks. Or I might think up some persona, for instance: I can sound shallow and self-conceited very easily (too easily I'm afraid one day I'll actually turn into such a person!) or I can make obviously stupid remarks. (I can make stupid and naive remarks without it being a joke too though!) When I claim that something has not happened and ask my friend to back me up, because 'she was there when it happened', I'm simply admitting that, yes, it did happen.

That being said, I always assumed that anyone reading my blog would surely understand my jokes! That is of course, a wrong assumption, the proof of my wrong being here is my own mother. She was remarking that I sounded somewhat arrogant in my post about that poster I made. Because I made it sound as if I was granting people to spent time with me, and that they should be honoured. Of course that'd be silly! I'm a normal person (well, not really, even my humor is abnormal already), I'm in no way a celebrity. That would simply be a way for me to state that when we have to meet anyways, we could chat and drink coffee for a bit.
I guess it is also that I assumed most people reading my blog were my friends (hi Colin) and people in the same kind of scene as myself, thus, people who ..'get' me.
That is also a wrong assumption, as I KNOW my most frequent visitor MUST be my grandmother. (She is an avid user of social media and the likes, we are also facebook friends.)

A while ago, I was confronted by the fact that my humor really is a bit out of the ordinary, when I was working through a temp agency for a few days, leaving my room for a change and meeting new people. I was trying to keep our monotone work routine interesting by joking around and chatting, but I often got weird looks back. (There was this one girl who did get my jokes, she was delightfully cynical.) At one point I felt I should tell them 'I think you are taking me a bit too serious.. I was not really excited by the boxes, that's just me joking around.'. (I got the reply 'oh.. okay.')



Well, I believe I've typed a big enough wall of text for now, I'm sorry for being so long-winded and I do hope SOMEONE (besides my grandmother and Colin) has read it, otherwise my message would be lost and those who think I'm weird will STILL think I'm weird. (although, those who did read it all, might think so too.)
Please give me some feedback because I wonder if my writing is in any way readable and I would love to improve it for the sake of this blog's visitors!



Now enjoy these comics about me joking around, you deserved it (if you did read the text, if not, read it, please?).
(this one works better in Dutch though.. 'in de war' instead of 'confused')







1 comment:

  1. Ik vind ze allebei erg grappig!! Groetjes van je gran

    ReplyDelete