contact

welmoedlaetitia@hotmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/lae178

Thursday 6 February 2014

Help Lae out

I want to enter a competition to get exhibited and sell my work, and for this exhibition, I want to make some new work.
The theme is light and my idea is the following;

I want to make portraits of people and those that light up their life.
Think about your siblings, parents, other family members, friends, or just anyone (who you actually know, celebrities do not count).
Of course, if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, that person will be special to you but I prefer to not go in that romantic direction. Not that I doubt the strength of your relationship or am jealous (I'm not! be happy!) but I feel it might be somewhat cliche and you might break up. Non-romantic relationships tend to last longer. But feel free to still choose to go with your partner.

If you want to help me, then please answer these questions:



  • Who light(s) up your life?



  • Please explain why that person (/those people) is special to you, what he/she/they mean to you.



  • Now if you could send me a handwritten note explaining very briefly why they light your life. Preferably your mother tongue. (yes, even Japanese, Finnish, Spanish, Kroatian, Korean, whatever, I don't need to be able to read it.. though, it'd be nice to also have a translation.)



  • And please send me a picture of you together, or pictures of each of you. It doesn't matter too much, as long as the photos are clear and not too different in terms of lightning.


any picture like the boxes in this crude drawing is okay. Not facing the camera is totally fine, but your face should be visible.


That's it!


  • What will I do with all this?

make a painting/drawing of you and those special to you. If I do get in, it will be for sale so I cannot give it to you.


  • What is in it for you?

you get drawn by me! and I will be grateful towards you, so I shall try, as a token, to make you and the people you talked about, a small portrait.

The reason I am asking it like this is because I am interested in people's own, real stories and relationships. I hope that this project will make people happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment