contact

welmoedlaetitia@hotmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/lae178

Wednesday 17 April 2013

fangirl

I went to a book-presentation (that should be the right word, I think) by a Dutch writer, Theodor Holman, some days ago.
I like his books, which usually have a connection to the Indo culture in the Netherlands. (I'm assuming here that most people know what Indo means.) Even though I'm from a later generation, I can still relate to this culture;  my father's parents had also experienced the war in Indonesia and had to emigrate to the Netherlands.
I'd quickly made a tiny portrait that day and.. gave it to the writer. it's terribly child-like, isn't it, hihi. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to give it or not because I could've made a better one if I took more time for it, and also.. it's just embarrassing.
He thanked me with a smile and asked me why I'd made it, as this isn't really that usual, my wonderful reply was 'why not?'. (almost as great as that time I answered to my manager that the reason I knew the day before had been his birthday, was that.. I knew everything.)


Afterwards I went to a cafe and met up with an acquaintance, who was amazed by my more-bubbly-than-usual mood. He was even more amazed that I was excited about the writer walking by, recognizing me and waving. I got told I was more expected to go all fangirl over pop-stars like BIGBANG or Rain, instead someone who ..writes.
I wouldn't call myself a fangirl for anyone (미안 비오빠) but I admit that the photo I send to a friend gives off the whole fangirl-vibe...

Theodor Holman waved at me


1 comment: