contact

welmoedlaetitia@hotmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/lae178

Saturday 1 March 2014

a happy birthday to my mother!

Today it is.. my mother's birthday!
For reference; this below is my mother. (drawn for Christmas last year, she said I'd made her hair too dark black, making her look younger and prettier. hihi. she totally looks like this though, ask anyone.. except her.)


As a present I prepared this ..drawing/painting.. work! I prepared this work for her, it depicts my brother and me when we were younger (obviously). I based it on a photograph, did change a bit to simplify the whole composition.
Because I was doing this, I had been browsing through our old photo albums, quite fun. (this would explain for my facebookfriends and instagram followers (android178) why there's been pictures of young babyfaced me popping up.)
My mother liked it a lot, as did my grandmother, who immediately suggested I make her something like this too for her upcoming birthday. So there might come even more kiddie pictures on my social media.



I only made a scan after finishing the figures, but if you want to see how this quite plain background came to be.. click on 'read more'! ;)











And when I gave it to mum, on the 1st of March, the day before her birthday, she suggest I write down a date. The date of her birthday, as to remember how it was made for her birthday. :)
Though, obviously, I had made it before, since I gave it a day before it even was her birthday.


(and my apologies for the corners.. didn't scan it properly and it's already 01.25am so I think Imma just go to sleep now, good night!)

3 comments: