contact

welmoedlaetitia@hotmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/lae178

Sunday 20 April 2014

a blog post and a beach

hi everybody, it's been quite a while (almost two weeks) since I last posted on this blog, sorry sorry! I've actually been posting on my facebook page mostly these days, I guess I feel less obligated to only post really 'good' work there. But don't worry, I'll continue to update this blog with my rambling stories of which I'm not too sure if people read them.. does anyone (besides my grandma and aunt) read them? 
anyways, here is a ..painting... Can I call stuff like this paintings? because they look more like paintings than like drawings but I'm doing them with copic markers. But you could say those are some sort of brushes, so that'd make it painting instead of drawing.

Well, I've written enough to make this a blog post rather than a repost from my facebook page's content, so that's handled (hey, gotta keep some difference so people don't feel scammed! you can now feel special for reading my blog which has a lot of text, which my facebook does not have).

This work was based on some pictures of me as a 4 year old digging fashion (look at those cute and daring pants, with colors reminding of sailors, how suitable to wear at the beach!!!) and digging in the sand at the beach.
I know.. the blue sky looks weird, with all the obvious stripes, but I really couldn't manage to even it out. I do really like those clouds! :)
The heaps of digged up sand looks dirty though, I didn't succeed in finding the right way to make those. :(


date: April 18th 2014
size: 20 x 20 cm
media: copic markers on canvass

1 comment:

  1. Great work! And yes others read this as well! You once showed me the stats of this blog and they are quite good! Happy King's day!

    ReplyDelete